Word Soup

Poems, doggerel and other literary abuses.

My Photo
Name:

"I blog, therefore I am". Clearly not true, or I wouldn't exist except every now and then.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Elegy For A Wasted Life

The following is a line acrostic I once wrote. Yeah, I was miserable at the time. Someone who saw it suggested that I get counseling.

They say depression is anger turned inwards. Right now, I'm so angry at the unnecessary physical pain I've been feeling for two solid months that I don't think I could be depressed if I wanted to be. Call it "depression turned outwards".

Anyway, here's that poem. I actually think it's good, despite the fact that it's like the anti-Invictus.



Elegy For A Wasted Life

When darkness claims my curséd life
When death grants me its boon
These words will fill my empty thoughts
"It didn't come too soon."

I can't complain; the fault is mine
I'll harvest what I've sown
I've caused but grief and hurt and pain
To everyone I've known

I never made a difference
I mattered not at all
I'll die the way I've lived my life
And not a tear will fall

If truth could have its way you'd find
Engraved upon my stone
"Here lies a wretch who lived and died
Friendless and alone."

When darkness claims my curséd life
I'll harvest what I've sown
I'll die the way I've lived my life
Friendless and alone.

© 2001 by Lisa Liel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Google