Word Soup

Poems, doggerel and other literary abuses.

My Photo
Name:

"I blog, therefore I am". Clearly not true, or I wouldn't exist except every now and then.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Anti-Haiku Haiku

A couple of months ago, someone sent an e-mail to the whole company suggesting that since everyone was uptight about moving to a new building, we should have a haiku contest.

Huh? When did haiku become a tension breaker? I must have missed that memo.

Anyway, these were my entries. For some reason, they didn't get entered into the competition.

Haiku is easy
Pantoum is more challenging
Try it and you'll see

Haiku is boring
Limericks are much more fun
Even dirty ones

Some roses are red
Violets are a shade of blue
Haiku doesn't rhyme

© 2005 by Lisa

5 Comments:

Blogger Dana Friedman said...

Violets are a shade of blue. That's 8 syllables. Maybe this bit of soup has a matzah ball in it?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I've never heard violet pronounced with three syllables. It sounds like VI-lit, to my midwestern ear.

For those who like the three syllable pronunciation, we can just change that line to:

Violets are kind of blue.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Dana Friedman said...

It doesn't matter. I love someone who uses the word doggerel :)

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There once was a man
From Peru whose limericks
Looked like haiku - he

Said with a laugh, "I
Cut them in half; the pay is
Much better for two."

2:48 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Josh wins.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Google